Businesses, training organisations, schools and individuals have until the end of the month to nominate for the 2013 Australian Training Awards.
The awards showcase excellence in skills training and workforce development.
Local MPs Sharon Bird and Stephen Jones are encouraging local people to enter.
This is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses and organisations in the Illawarra to achieve recognition for their hard work, Member for Cunningham, Sharon Bird said.
Categories include employer and small employer of the year. With so many small businesses in my electorate, I urge them to apply. Ms Bird said.
I am encouraging trainers and employers who have a hardworking apprentice or student to put them forward for the student and apprentice categories, Member for Throsby, Stephen Jones said.
Entries close at the end of May so there is not much time left to put in nominations for the 2013 awards. Mr Jones said.
Of the 18 award categories, seven accept applications directly with the remainder nominated from state and territory training awards programs.
To apply for the Australian Training Awards visit www.australiantrainingawards.gov.au or phone 13 38 73.
Entries close at the end of May
Australian Training Awards Categories:
For businesses, secondary schools and registered training organisations:
- School Pathways to VET Award
- Skills for Sustainability - Educational Institution Award
- International Training Provider of the Year Award
- Australian Apprenticeships - Employer Award
- Small Employer of the Year Award
- Employer of the Year Award
- Small Training Provider of the Year Award
- Large Training Provider of the Year Award
- Industry Collaboration Award
- Leadership in VET Quality Award
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Vocational Student of the Year Award
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Australian Apprentice (Trainee) of the Year Award
- Australian Apprentice of the Year Award
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award